The Busy Coder's Guide to Advanced Android Development by Mark Murphy
- This is a good book to begin programming in Android
- It's well written, easily understood, and clearly will help anyone attempting to do Android Application development.
- For a technical book, it is entertaining to read! The writer's style makes normally boring material interesting. The information presented appears to be accurate.
- This book provides a great way to learn the Android SDK.
- This book and the series are probably the best books out there.
- The book is easy to read even for non-native English speaker like me.
Pro Android 3 by Sayed Hashimi
- This is the third Android programming book I have read and so far it is the best.
- This book is well written, logically laid out, and has downloadable projects.
- This book is crazy big, packed full of info.
- The authors explain in exceptional detail the topics covered and all important topics are covered.
- It seems like a great book for me;
- The book has an extensive description, it gives a good base for understanding key concepts of Android 3 and start programming apps for this great platform.
Professional Android 4 Application Development by Reto Meter
- Excellent work and I will definitely recommend it to everyone who asks me how to do the Android thing. 😉
- The book is great! If you're a beginner, this book is a must... BUT... it will not walk you through the building of any apps.
- I found this book very informative. It covers almost all aspects of core Android 4, emphasizing best practices.
- This is just an exceptional book. It is easy to understand, yet very thorough.
- This is a great book to learn android development.
- Progressive examples do a good job of explaining various areas of programming for an Android device.
- This is an excellent book. It covers all the topics you need, it works progressively, the examples all work, and it gives pointers for further information.
- This book offers really complete coverage of the Android development process.
Hello Android, 3rd Edition by Ed Burnette
- I absolutely recommend this book to anyone just beginning to dip their toes into the Android waters.
- I like the style of this book. The worked example is usually a winning format, and this is no exception.
- It's a good place to start, it provides some useful examples to introduce you to the Android developer role.
- Great book, filled with an array of case by case examples with in-depth explanations.
- This is an excellent book for the absolute beginner but this does not do justice to the depth and breadth of the contents.