- The book is great explaining design but outdated in some respects such as the one in the picture.
- Jan Harrington accomplishes her task neatly, to clearly explain relational database design.
- It is a reasonable book for someone new to database design to read.
- Good book. Easy to read. Great for beginners trying to learn SQL.
- It's a simple, straightforward, plain-English explanation of how relational databases think.
Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation and Management (International Computer Science Series) by Thomas Connolly and Carolyn Begg
- This textbook is an excellent source of information and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn in detail about the theory and application of relational databases.
- This book places a strong emphasis on good design practice, allowing readers to master design methodology in an accessible, step-by-step fashion.
- I used it as a complete newbie to SQL and found it incredibly helpful both at a basic descriptional level as well as at advanced level as I progressed.
- Very good book. It maybe nearly 20 years old but due to database design not changing much in 20 years it is still relevant today.
- Arguably best book for RDBMS for academics.
- This book is absolutely brilliant as it gives me the required information I need for my Database module at Uni.
Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide by Lynn Beighley
- A great book for a beginner learning MYSQL syntax. It's engaging, interactive and a fun way to learn SQL.
- A great book, that I highly recommend!
- This book is a must have for anyone who tries to learn SQL or as a reference guide for anyone taking an intro database course.
- This series is great to learn from. Very straightforward. A good starting place for anyone.
- Love the way this book is written. Great for learning the basics and some intermediate SQL.
- The book is very well put to gather and easy to read. Questions were good and answers were good
Fundamentals of Database Systems (4th Edition) by Ramez Elmasri and Shamkant B. Navathe
- Great book for anyone interested in learning database concepts and design!
- This is a very nice book, easy to understand and will create interest in the individual to know more and more deeper concept in Database Management Systems.
- A very useful text on database design. This was used as the primary text in a graduate level database design course and was very effective and useful.
- This book really helped me with the theory of database systems.
- Good book to study database and MySQL
An Introduction to Database Systems (8th Edition) by C.J. Date
- This book is excellent and it is very clearly written.
- This book really taught me the basics about database.
- This is one of the better books on the theory of database systems design.
- It's a great book on the functions and methods of databases.
Database Administration: The Complete Guide to Practices and Procedures by Craig S. Mullins
- This book by Craig Mullins is wonderfully insightful and truly important.
- Excellent Book. Any DBA should read it..
- really good book on the databases.... everything in this book is laid out very well.
- It's well written, to the point, and covers the topics that you need to know to become an effective DBA.