Linux Kernel Development (Developer's Library) by Robert Love
- Wonderful starter for any one who wants to understand ground up what Linux is..
- Good book for beginner to intermediate level.
- This is must have book for kernel developer. Very well explained in simple word.
- This is the best book in my opinion for learning about the kernel!
- Good and simple explanation of linux kernel.
- Good place to start if you want to understand how linux kernel works and start working on it.
Understanding the Linux Kernel by Daniel P Bovet
- A must have book for all linux kernel programmers for understanding the system level programming.
- It's not a reference book. It's a well written book about how the Linux kernel works.
- Outstanding book that is one of a kind.
- Well written, but not overly wordy, this one is at my fingertips at all times.
- It is really a great book to get started with the Linux kernel.
Linux Kernel in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference 1st Edition by Greg Kroah-Hartman
- This book is great for those who never compiled a kernel before. It is also great for those looking for a source of reference. Must read, no doubt.
- I recommend it for anyone involved with the linux kernel, from superusers to kernel hackers, to students.
- This book is amazing!
- The book is clear, authoritative, and wonderfully focused on getting you started. All the information you need without wandering off-point.
- This book is a *must have* kernel reference for all who would configure, build or hack the Linux Kernel v2.6.x.
- I recommend "Linux Kernel in a Nutshell" to every Linux user with wishes to learn a bit more how it's Linux system works.
Linux Device Drivers, 3rd Edition by Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman
- Great book. It takes the most interesting stuff about Linux device drivers.
- Well written. Comprehensive. A must for those that plan on writing device drivers for Linux.
- Just love it. Every device driver writer should read it.
- good book to refresh fundamentals
- Very comprehensive approach to Linux drivers
- This is good textbook for Linux. This book provides the most useful information for us.
- Very nice book. Covered all topics need for a system programmer.
- Very nice and awesome book for linux lovers. Content with detailed explanations.
- Greatest ever linux reference.
- This books talk every aspect of Linux programming.
- Must have book to have for every serious Linux systems programmer ....
- Awesome book
- This book covers a lot of ground with an approachable narrative style.
- This book is a very nice reference, with insights to the kernel-level implementation of many of the various system calls.
- This is well balanced book which explains linux system itself and gives some code snippets.
- Good read with examples.
- This is a very good book for someone who is new to linux kernel.