PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson
- This is the best book geared towards learning PHP and MySQL instead of building your first website
- This is an excellent and very complete resource for developers and admins who already know the basics and have some experience with databases.
- This book was a nice middle-ground between a basic tutorial and a reference manual.
- Great book so far. I have moderate skills in dev and this book is helping a lot.
- The book is very good in the sense that it touches a lot of important topics for creating real world applications.
- This book is one of the best PHP written books I have read.
Beginning PHP and MySQL: From Novice to Professional by W Jason Gilmore
- It's been very useful. It covers a lot of ground, with a lot of code snippets. It's a very good book.
- The book is very well written but it almost assumes that you have had some type of programming experience.
- This is a great book, it covers a ton of material in total but does not totally cover anyone particular subject.
- This book is really worth the money. I will be referencing to it for a long time to come.
- EXCELLENT!! It's easy and fun to follow this book.
- The book is great for the beginners. It starts with a very basic and gradually takes you to the professional level.
Programming PHP by Rasmus Lerdorf, Kevin Tatroe, Peter MacIntyre
- It covers all the PHP topics and then some except for the MySQL integration. It has a chapter on databases, but it is fairly basic.
- Used this book to teach myself PHP and now continue to use it as a great reference.
- I really liked this book. It's easy to understand, and it covers the basics.
- I can certainly recommend this one for the upcoming PHP developer. The insight contained within was valuable.
- I really liked the way this book was written. This book is written with so many examples that it really got my fundamentals clear.
- The book is good!
Beginning PHP5 (Programmer to Programmer) by Dave W. Mercer and team
- The language used is comprehensible and examples are pretty good.
- I would recommend this book to anyone with the desire to learn web programming or programming in general.
- This book is very well organized with a lot of details and examples. It is not boring or hard to follow.
- This is fun and made it easy to learn
- I got a lot out of this title. Having known almost nothing about PHP, to begin with, I am now able to do some pretty neat stuff…
- I would strongly recommend it to all those people that are looking to learn PHP and they are not yet familiar with web-based programming.
Head First PHP & MySQL 2ed (Brain Friendly Guide) by Lynn Beighley and Michael Morrison
- This book is sound and useful.
- Whimsical, informative, humorous.
- There is a lot of good information in this book.
- I strongly recommend this if you would like to learn PHP.
- I have found this to be a good introductory and enjoyable approach to the non-Windows world of development.
PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Websites by Larry Ullman
- This is not the most advanced book, but a good introduction to both.
- This book is able to explain the key concepts in PHP and MySQL in a very simple, easy-to-understand manner.
- If you want to learn how to develop dynamic web sites using PHP and MySQL (database) then this is an excellent first starter.
- Ullman has written a very clear, practical book on PHP and MySQL.
- This book is awesome.
- I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in PHP and MySQL it is very helpful and well written.