The R Book 1st Edition by Michael J. Crawley
- It is an excellent resource for people trying to learn how to use R software.
- Great desktop reference book. I used this book regularly when I was learning R. Good code examples for basic to more advanced applications.
- I have lots of R books - this one is still the best.
- he R book has been indispensable for us in our graduate-level statistics course. I highly recommend it!
- The best statistical book I've found. Recommend for anyone looking to learn statistics and R
Introductory Statistics with R (Statistics and Computing) 2nd Edition by Peter Dalgaard
- I found this book approachable and informative from the non-professional perspective.
- good book for my stats class
- This is great basic introduction to statistics and the use of R.
- This book has everything that an R user needs all the way down to a code script.
- This book is an excellent introduction to basic statistics, not assuming a knowledge of calculus, using an intuitive "hands-on approach" using the free computer program R.
- Great book to learn R and statistics.
- It's a very solid introduction to using R -- including installation, configuration, and some programming -- for basic statistical work
- This book pretty much taught me everything about beginning R
- I used this book for a statistics class when I had no previous experience using R.
- This book pretty much taught me everything about beginning R.
Statistics: An Introduction using R 1st Edition by Michael J. Crawley
- Excellent book if, like me, you are a coder but not someone familiar with statistics.
- This book is clear concise and easy to follow. I strongly recommend it.
- Excellent Book, for new students or experienced who wants to move to R. It's easy to follow and it's very clear with concepts and scripts., Excellent!
- Pretty helpful book for picking up R and doing the basics... Plus you get tons of exercises and sample datasets to help you practice.
- Excellent reference book for people with basic knowledge of R!
- It's pretty good. I definitely like the detailed examples of codes and love the way it flows.
- Matloff provides an excellent starting point for learning R.
- I found this book to be pedagogically excellent with well-considered ordering and progression and a cogent conceptual presentation.
- The book is an excellent introduction to the programming language.
- Matloff lays an excellent foundation from the very beginning, devoting sections to each data type.
- A GREAT introductory R programming book.
- This is a great book if you are coming at R with some background in computer science.
Introduction to Probability and Statistics Using R by G. Jay Kerns
- It is a good book to learn the R language from, but the material does require prior exposure to statistics.
- Fantastic reference.
- The book tries to teach statistics/probability and the R language at same time.
- This is a great text.