WordPress Bible by Aaron Brazell
- Aaron Brazell has outdone himself with this comprehensive tome of WordPress awesomeness.
- Great resource for working in WordPress.
- The information and concepts in this book remains relevant. It's well written and easy to digest for an expert or layman alike.
- This book helped me out a ton.
- This is a good resource if you need to know, or look up, something in particular.
- This book is probably one of the best books on using WordPress.
Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog by Thord Daniel Hedengren
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO WORDPRESS USERS READY TO UNDERSTAND AND BUILD OR MODIFY WORDPRESS THEME AND PLUGINS.
- This is a really good book.
- Amazing book, goes in great depth on WordPress. Highly recommended for anyone really wanting to be or become a WordPress developer.
- I loved this book. It is easy to understand and can also be used as a reference.
- This is a great introduction to WordPress and customizing it.
- Yes. This is a technical book. However, it has been helpful to me since I am so new to WordPress.
Digging into WordPress by Chris Coyier and Jeff Starr
- There is so much information in this book it makes it a must have for anyone developing websites with WordPress.
- The pages are beautifully done and extremely easy to read.
- The code examples are precise and are all stuff you would use in a real world situation.
Professional WordPress Plugin Development by Brad Williams, Ozh Richard, Justin Tadlock, and Joost de Valk
- If you want to develop plug-ins for either the community or commercial audience, everything you need to know is in here.
- It's well written, honest, and comes from a collective background of collaboration and been-there-done-that experience.
- This book is the perfect reference book.
- It touches on all the topics you'll need to create a plugin for WordPress and it explains both the basics as well as the details in a very good way.
- This has been the best book I have purchased on WordPress by far.
- This is not a book on learning how to use WordPress, this book is for developers.
- This book has so much useful information on working with WordPress that it will help anyone taking time to do custom work in WordPress.
Head First WordPress by Jeff Siarto
- Good book for beginners
- Really good. Got started on my own while waiting on it. However. now that i have it I may re-do somethings. There is a lot here.
- Good read. Teaches the basic in a clear way. Layout things out in process that explains how things go together.
- The writing is light and friendly and easy to understand.
- The book is excellent but you need some previous experience, not too much, but you cannot come from zero to this book, at all.
- Working with latest version of WordPress -- this is the perfect book!
- Nice small chapters. Easy to read and search. Will keep close as a reference. Very informative. Step by step guide.
- This is the most comprehensive and the best written beginning WordPress book that I have seen.
- This book is great. Plenty of good examples that agree with what I see on my screen when doing a new install.