About the course
This course will teach you everything required gin mobile application development. In this course, you will develop more than fifteen Android applications based on the learning and concepts covered in the lectures. This course includes practice questions, downloadable source code files for saving your time (since you do not have to type the source code). The primary focus is on explaining the fundamentals through a practical approach rather than theoretical.
Here you will be able to create more than fifteen working applications such as the currency converter app, timer app, location finder app, Bluetooth scanner app, and many other applications by using the Widgets, list view, grid view, spinners, etc. You will also create applications using audio and video controls, and SQLite database along with how to publish them on Google Play.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Android development.
- Teach others the fundamentals of mobile application development.
- Develop your own Android applications.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
What will you create?
You will create a variety of Android apps listed below:
- Currency Converter Application: This application converts between any two currencies.
- Building Timer Application: A timer is a specialized type of clock for measuring time intervals.
- Notes Application: Storing the data.
- Weather Conditions Application: This Application provides real-time weather information.
- Monetize Application for Google: Monetize Application is a mobile advertising platform that can be used to generate revenue from an app.
- Download Image Application: This app defines an async task for downloading an image from a given URL and displays image into ImageView.
- WebApp Application: This app shows the web pages in WebView.
- Notification Application: In this application, a user creates a notification and can see a notification in the notification bar.
- Push Notification Application: Whenever a message is sent from the firebase console, a notification is created in the notification bar. Upon clicking the notification, messages are displayed.
- Caller Application: Basically this app handles incoming phone calls. In this application, extended controls are used in the emulator to send a call.
- DownloadService Application: This application downloads data from the given URL and displays data in TextView.
- MyService Application: This application basically starts the services and the status is visible in the setting -> app of the device.
- MyCamera Application: This application takes an image and video from the camera of a device and displays them into an act of the app.
- MaterialDesign Application: This application uses the material design concept. A user may set a different look and feel in the action bar.
- InternalStorageApplication: This application reads and writes data from a file into internal storage.
- My AdMob Application: Application is used for showing advertisements.
- LocationFinder Application: This application makes a request to the google map API to display position (latitude, longitude) and Add Marker.
- BluetoothScanner Application: This application searches Bluetooth devices and displays a list of searched devices.
- Animation Application: This application is used for adding animations like to zoom in, zoom out, fade in, fade out to the TextView, and sequential_animation into the ImageView.The faculty members can utilize the knowledge obtained from this course to train their students better in the field of mobile computing.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students pursuing technical graduate / post-graduate courses and wish to enter in the Mobile Application Development industry.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who want to enhance their skills, and interested in delivering their knowledge and learning to their students.
Professionals: All working professionals who wish to learn how to develop Android applications, deploy and monetize them.
Why learn Mobile Computing?
According to recent market research reports, android is the most trending technology. Android is growing leaps and bounds, and it is spreading to every god-forsaken corner of the earth as it lands on more devices and in more people’s awaiting hands. So, it is worth learning android development, because there is a growing demand for quality android developers who can deliver their skills to a particular organization, or either work as a freelancer.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: 24+ hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Hands-on practice: Includes source code files for hands-on practice.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Certificate from Prutor.ai
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple-choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.