About the course
This is the foundation (prerequisite) for a traditional classroom course in Pedagogy that will be conducted by Profs Rajat Mittal and Amey Karkare. The certificate will only be issued to participants completing both the online and traditional components.
This course will help you sketch out a course design and strategies for teaching the course. The course will begin with the approaches, experiences, and challenges in the introductory programming course. Then, it will cover the importance of manual computation and translation from manual computation to programs followed by the pedagogical strategies, teaching strategies for specific topics. After that, the course will cover the program design that includes correctness and reasoning about programs, the continuum from problem-solving to algorithm design and finally, the course will conclude with the design of assignments and examinations. It will use the C++ languages, but most ideas will be independent of the language.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Design the syllabus for an introductory programming course
- Teach it so that it captures the attention of students?
- Design examinations, and programming assignments which are fair and encourage students to learn in the desired manner
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who wish to learn course and curriculum designing.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or improve their efficiency in the course and curriculum designing.
Professionals: All working professionals who wish to acquire new skills or improve their efficiency in the course and curriculum designing.
Why learn Foundation (prerequisite) for a traditional classroom course in the Pedagogy course?
It is very difficult to teach computer programming at the college level computer programming. Failure rates are very high in programming across the globe. Moreover, in India also the majority of students struggle with writing simple programs even after completing university-level education in computer science. This is a big concern because it affects the future employability of the candidates as well. Therefore, there is a need to have a structured approach to teach introductory programming in such a way that it not only captures the attention of students but also encourage them to learn in the desired manner.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Hands-on practice: Includes source code files for hands-on practice.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.