Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple-choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
INTRODUCTION TO IOT
- What is IoT?
- Basics of IoT
- IoT in home automation
- IoT Industrial Applications
- How large is the IOT Market
- Latest updates in the IoT industry.
- Available IOT alliances details and the standards that are getting evolved
- Multiple IoT applications and solutions available in the market
- Multiple IoT platform (hardware) example Ras-pi, Arduino, NodeMcu, etc., comparison and usage
INTRODUCTION TO NODE MCU
- What is Node MCU?
- What is Open Source Microcontroller Platform?
- Node GPIO Pins
- Basics of Electronics.
HANDS-ON WITH NODE MCU
- About Arduino IDE (Your First Arduino Sketch)
- First Program on Arduino IDE
- Digital Output as LED glow
- Digital Input Using Switch
- Control Output using Digital Input
- Serial Input & Serial Output
- Analog Input & Analog Output
- What are Sensors?
- Sensor Feature.
- Types of sensors
- Interfacing Sensor With Node Mcu
- Reading From Sensors
- Introduction to PWM
- PWM Hands-on-Practical
USING DIFFERENT SENSORS
- DHT 11 Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- IR Sensor
- Introduction to Esp8266
- Scanning WiFi Networks and connecting to WiFi Network
- Creating a Webserver using NodeMCU and ESP Module
- Connect with WiFi network
- Access the IP address assigned to ESP8266 and Node Mcu
- Creating a Web page and control Home Appliances through Wifi
IMPLEMENTATION OF IOT
- Create a local server using Node MCU
- What are Cloud Servers
- Cloud computing and IoT
- Popular Cloud Servers
- Cloud platform introduction
- Creating Channel for live data feed
- Program Node MCU to read and update sensor data over the cloud
- Creating an account on ThingSpeak
- Connect temperature and humidity sensor
- Continuously monitor sensor reading through internet
- Generate API and program Node MCU
CREATING TWITTER APP ON THINGSPEAK
- How to create apps on ThingSpeak?
- Create a twitter API
- Trigger an action of twitting through Node MCU
- Make ESP8266 and Node MCU to tweet the sensor value
- Installing Blynk Android App and creating an account
- Creating UI for controlling Home Appliance
- Controlling Home Appliance Using Blynk Android App
IFTTT – IF THIS THEN THAT
- Creating an account on IFTTT
- Creating Applets on IFTTT
- Controlling Home Appliance Using Google Assistant
- MQTT protocol
- HTTP vs MQTT
- Creating Adafruit account
- Using Adafruit to read sensors value and send data to Node MCU
- How to create an account on Amazon Aws and create EC2 Instance
- Installing Ubuntu Server on Aws Ec2 Instance
- Installing Apache Server and Php on Ubuntu
- Install and Configure MySql on Ubuntu
- Installing PHPMyAdmin
- Using Putty and FileZilla
- Using Elastic IP to make server IP static
- Login to Ubuntu Server Using Putty
- Creating a MySql database and tables to store sensor values
- Creating MySql User authenticated with Password
- Introduction to Php and its Basic Syntax
- Creating API to read sensor data and send to Aws Cloud
- Creating API to send data to NodeMcu from Cloud
ESP8266 HTTP CLIENT
- Using Http Client to send sensor data to Aws Cloud
- Using HTTP Client to receive data from Cloud to Node MCU
- Digital Input/output for Node MCU
- Analog Input/output for Node MCU
- Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values
- Using the IR sensor to detect the object.
- Using LDR
- PWM application to control LED Brightness
- Using Relay as an Electronic Switch
- Home Automation Project on a local and Live Server
- Create a localhost server
- Use Node MCU to upload free data from Environmental Sensors to Cloud Server.
- Automatically Tweet Sensor Data on Twitter.
- Control Home devices from the self-hosted webpage on Amazon AWS.
- Controlling Home Appliance using Google Assistant
- Calculating Distance using Ultrasonic Sensor
- Fetching Humidity and Temperature using DHT 11 Sensor
- Using ThingSpeak, Adafruit, and Blynk IoT Platforms.
- NODE MCU V3 Development Board
- Micro USB Cable
- LED’s and 1k Resistors
- DHT 11 Sensor Module
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- IR Sensor Module
- 5V Relay Module
- Jumper Wires (Male to Female and Female to Female)
For inquiry call: 9910043510