About the course
Many institutions are looking for solutions to reach a large number of learners in an affordable way. mooKIT, a powerful MOOC management system, can be used to offer online courses at any scale, from micro to massive.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is well known for its excellence in education and research and has been offering MOOCs since 2012. mooKIT, a MOOC Management System has been built ground up at the Computer Science department at IIT Kanpur with best-of-breed features and state-of-art technology.
mooKIT is a system that instructors, learners, and system administrators find easy to work with - designed for “Internet Novices”. Its unique architecture makes it highly customizable and cost-effective at any scale.
The course can be taken by:
- Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses.
- Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or improve their efficiency.
- Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to upgrade their skills by learning.
Why learn MOOC courses?
The Massive Open Online Course(MOOC) is a new online medium for course delivery and learning. It enables thousands of learners to participate in the same course with high-quality content and interactive tools for learning. On this scale, a MOOC can offer a better user experience as compared to a standard web-based course. Possibilities for rich mentor-learner and learner-learner interactions are unlimited.
International media has been covering MOOC developments extensively. The Economist magazine in a recent editorial (June 28, 2014) on the far-reaching changes occurring in higher education, called MOOCs a key driver in the change. The well-known newspaper, The Wall Street Journal, has featured opinions on MOOCs as a practical medium for the rapid diffusion of important skills and information.
This course is about key concepts, methods, and practices in the MOOC paradigm. Its focus will be on explaining principles and practices for both the non-technical as well as technical audiences.
- 24X7 Access: You can view videos as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~2 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.