About the course
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the fundamentals of Data Structures, abstract concepts, and how these concepts are useful in problem-solving. This course covers in detail the design and analysis of algorithms along with the basics of C++ programming language including elementary data structures such as arrays and linked lists, abstract data types like stacks, queues, and trees. It also provides you an exposure to various searching and sorting techniques along with their performance analysis.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of C++ programming language
- Understand the object-oriented programming concepts like Inheritance, abstraction, polymorphism etc
- Develop algorithms and analyze them step by step to solve real-world problems
- Implement various data structures such as arrays, linked lists, stacks, queues, trees and graphs in your programs
- Perform search and sort operations to filter data by utilizing different searching and sorting techniques
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses related to computer science / Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills.
Professionals: All IT professionals, who wish to upgrade their skills.
Why learn Java?
Data structures and algorithms are some of the most essential topics for programmers, both to get a job and to do well on a job. Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms is the foundation of writing good code. If you are familiar with essential data structures like an array, stack, queue, linked list, tree, graph, map, etc, then you will know when to use which data structure and compute the CPU and memory cost of your code. Even though you don’t need to write your own array, linked list, or hashtable, given every major programming SDK provides them, e.g. JDK or C++ STL library, you will need to understand them so that you can use them in the right place.
Ideally, data structures and algorithms should be learned in schools and colleges, but it’s rarely ever covered. Most of the programmers, only get introduced to a data structure in our computer science courses, but they don’t really learn the real-world importance of them, and that’s why they don’t understand them better. For them, they are just the algorithms and data structures e.g. some concept, not a tool that you can use to write good programs. Do you know that Facebook uses them to store our details and Google uses them to store web pages and link to search queries? That is why it is very important to have a working knowledge of data structures in order to become a successful IT/software professional.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~ 16 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.