About the Course
The objective of this course is to provide you the conceptual and technological developments in the field of Internet and web designing. The course focuses on comprehensive knowledge of the Internet and its applications along with TCP/IP protocols which are widely deployed to provide Internet connectivity across the globe. Since the worldwide web has become an integral part of the Internet, therefore the focus of this course is also on basic concepts of web design.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the web and Internet technologies
- Understand the basic concepts for network implementation
- Understand the basic working scheme of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Learn about the fundamental tools and technologies for web design
- Comprehend the technologies for Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML)
- Specify the design rules in constructing websites and web pages
- Figure out and understand about various security hazards on the Internet and the need for security measures
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science / Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills.
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to enhance their skills.
Why learn Internet Technology and Web Design?
Things are changing rapidly as the world is progressing. In this modern world, people are using advanced machines to do their work. The computer is the most advanced machine that people use to do their work. A computer without an Internet connection is like a body without a soul. It is almost impossible to imagine a world without the Internet. The simplest activities such as communication and entertainment rely heavily on the Internet. The Internet, based on its definition, connects different computers and users. Today, the Internet does more than just connecting computers. The Internet connects people, lives, stories, and businesses. It is a source of information, a social platform, and a business network. The Internet has diverse uses depending on the needs of an individual or the setting. Due to the growth on the Internet, there is an abrupt growth in web content. People focus more on highlighting their online presence. For that, the major focus is on designing websites and web pages that can make them distinguished online. The design of your website can either make or break the business you are trying to deliver. It actually makes a difference on how your target audience views your business or company and potentially turn them into your customers. As such, developing a website design that has an impressive user interface will result in a much better conversion rate, which leads to better business and revenue. It offers great career prospects to the people who have skills to design websites and web pages. There are many companies that employ a web designer/developer for their front-end and back-end web development projects. Moreover, you can work individually as a web designer and set up your business. The important professional parts in this field are front-end developers and back-end developers.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: Online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Hands-on practice: Includes source code files for hands-on practice.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple-choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.