About the course
The aim of this course is to provide you an overview of information security, network security, and management. The course covers a broad range of concepts and issues that the industries face today. The course will also examine the practical aspects of the issues involved in secure systems and networks and industry practices being adopted to protect information systems. You will gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities to incorporate good information security practice in any organization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the security goals and services of information security
- Know about the attributes of information security, threats and vulnerabilities, and the security mechanisms
- Understand the concept of entity authentication
- Know the different types of authentication
- Explore the password authentication, its vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Know the alternate authentication approaches
- Understand the concept of security policy
- Know about the best practices in security policy
- Understand issues in security policy implementation
- Know about the risk management
- Understand the concept of incident handling and its steps
- Understand the concept of cryptography basics, the basic concept of Plain Text, and Cipher Text
- Know the Encryption algorithm and Decryption Algorithm
- Understand the concept of Conventional Symmetric Encryption Algorithm
- Know the difference between Symmetric and Asymmetric
- Understand the block and stream ciphers
- Know the DES, Double and Triple DES
- Understand the Stream Cipher: RC4 and RC5
- Know the Cryptographic Modes
- Understand the principles and applications on Public-key Cryptography
- Understand the RSA algorithm, the concept of Diffie Hellman Key exchange, and the concept of Digital Signature standards and Elliptic curves
- Understand the One way Hash function, Message digest, MD5 and Secure Hash 1
- Know what is Digital Signature, Public Key infrastructure, Digital certificates, and Certificates authorities
- Get an overview of IPV4, OSI model, maximum transfer unit, the concept of IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, RARP, DNS Ping and Traceroute
- Know about Network attacks, buffer overflow, IP Spoofing, TCP Session Hijacking, and Sequence Guessing
- Learn about network scanning of ICMP, TCP sweeps and basic port scans
- Get an overview of IPSEC, IP security authentication header, ESP, Internet Key Exchange, and Security association
- Understand the concepts of VPN, PPTP, and L2TP
- Learn architecture and applications of network management
- Understand the concept of standards and models
- Know the uses of ASN.1 and SNMP and their versions
- Understand the concept of Web security Consideration
- Know the Secured Socket Layer and Transport layer security
- Understand the Secure Electronic Transaction
- Know about the secured mail and its approaches
- Learn the firewall design principles and the types of firewalls
- Understand the concept of firewall basing and firewall configuration
- Know about the cyber crimes against the computer, crimes using the computer, and the concept of Indian IT act 2000
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical or professional degree courses in computer science IT.
Teachers/Faculties: All teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills or enhance their skills in UNIX and shell programming
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or who need to improve their efficiency in UNIX and shell programming.
Why learn Network Management And Information Security?
With the advent of the World Wide Web and the emergence of e-commerce applications and social networks, organizations across the world generate a large amount of data daily. Data security is the utmost critical issue in ensuring the safe transmission of information through the internet. Also, network security issues are now becoming important as society is moving towards the digital information age. As more and more users connect to the internet it attracts a lot of cyber-criminals. Every day we hear about the newest attack, the latest exploit, or another cyber threat. In response, we hire security consultants, look for the best security team we can find, and buy the latest products from the security vendors.
Information security isn’t limited to one sector, such as banks or finance, there are opportunities in retail, university settings, and anywhere else, where data has value. The career prospects are bright for the candidates seeking a career in Information Security/Cyber Security. Information security is about defending data and critical information from unauthorized access, use, and potential destruction. It’s a field that is projected to grow by 22 percent through 2020 and opportunities are abundant for newcomers to this in-demand career. It should be noted that the demand for information security professionals has exceeded the demand for information technology professionals, and it is likely to continue as the times passes..
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~10 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
1. During the program, the participants will have to take all the assignments given to them for better learning.
2. At the end of the program, a final assessment will be conducted.
1. All successful participants will be provided with a certificate of completion.
2. Students who do not complete the course / leave it midway will not be awarded any certificate.