About the course
The objective of this course is to impart knowledge and develop skills which are required to solve real world problems using object oriented approach and Java language constructs and unified modeling language. The course covers the subject in three sections which are: Introduction to Object Oriented Programming, Introduction to Java Programming, and Introduction to UML.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of Object Oriented Programming
- Understand the various Object Oriented programming concepts like Abstraction, Objects and Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism etc
- Learn what are the basic data structures in Java, Objects and Classes, Super Class, sub-class, Interfaces, Inner classes etc
- Learn how to do GUI programming using AWT/Swing
- Learn how to deploy Java applications
- Learn how to access databases in Java
- Understand what is unified Modeling Language and why is it used
- Understand the use of Class, Interface, Interaction, State and Activity, Physical diagrams in modeling software
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses related to computer science / Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills.
Professionals: All IT professionals, who wish to upgrade their skills.
Why learn Java?
OOP has become a fundamental part of software development. Getting your head around the idea of object-oriented programming can be challenging for some IT professionals. You may be wondering why you even need objects when you could use the top-down approach of traditional structured programming in languages like Visual Basic. Object-oriented programming is often the most natural and pragmatic approach, once you get the hang of it. OOP languages allows you to break down your software into bite-sized problems that you then can solve — one object at a time.
Moreover, when it comes to OOPs, the first programming language that comes to your mind is Java, which is the most widely used OOP language worldwide. According to Oracle (that acquired Sun Microsystems in 2010), Java now runs on more than 3 billion devices. Java is the most useful programming language for developing GUI based applications. Java is the choice of many software developers for writing applications involving scientific calculations and mathematical operations. These programs are generally considered to be fast and secure, have a higher degree of portability and low maintenance. Prospects are bright for you with knowledge of programming languages like Java. As of 2018, there are a lot of opportunities for Java programmers. With a projected growth rate of 19 percent for the 2014-2024 period (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for all application programming), the career prospects for Java programmers are indeed excellent.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~ 16 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.