- It covers Xcode 4.0, the new Xcode development environment.
- Best programming book I've ever learned from.
- This book holds your hand while you develop some small apps. It's insightful enough, has code and pictures. It presents basic concepts well.
- I found the book helpful and useful and would strongly recommend it to others.
- Generally, my opinion is that this is one of the best programming books I have so far read.
- Great book, great content, but something is *seriously* wrong with the cover material.
- It's an awesome book.
- They have a very innovative way of teaching you and taking you through the basics all the way to the advanced stuff.
- They expect you to physically think about what you're doing and practice too.
- All in all, this is the best book out there for a beginner 😀
Cocoa Programming for OS X: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (5th Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides) by Aaron Hillegass, Adam Preble, and Nate Chandler
- This is a great book for OSX Cocoa development in Swift.
- This is a great book for learning swift and cocoa app programming.
- Another excellent book from the Big Nerd Ranch.
- This book is amazingly great for someone who already has experience with object-oriented development.
- Excellent book. The publisher support site has updates for the last Swift version syntax.
- This is undoubtedly the best introduction to Cocoa programming.
- Super job of explaining what's needed to get apps written.
Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (2nd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides) by Aaron Hillegass and Mikey Ward
- This is an important and useful book. Highly recommended.
- This book is laid out really well, covers the essentials to the language in depth, and provides challenges to get you actually moving in the language on your own.
- I highly recommend this book. Especially for beginning programmers.
- This was my first book on Objective-C Programming and I'm glad I choose this particular book.
- I am currently learning Objective C from this book and the explanations are great.
- This is a fantastic book of exercises to learn Objective-C iOS programming.
- Great introductory to Objective-C for programmers of all levels, I recommend to anyone wanting to learn this language. It also covers C briefly, and the pointer analogy is superb.
Apple iOS Operating System
iOS 7 Programming Cookbook by Vandad Nahavandipoor
iOS Programming by Joe Conway
iOS Core Animation: Advanced Techniques by Nick Lockwood
iOS 7 Programming Fundamentals by Matt Neuburg
iOS 7 User Guide – From A to Z – Tips, Tricks and all the Hidden Features for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch by Ryan Arturo
Guide on Apple’s iOS 10 Operating System: A Step by step users guide for iOS 10 Operating Systemby Andrew Jefferson
Apple Pro Training Series: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote by Mark Wood
macOS Support Essentials 10.12 – Apple Pro Training Series: Supporting and Troubleshooting by Kevin White and Gordon Davisson
Teach Yourself VISUALLY macOS Sierra by Paul McFedries
iOS Hacker’s Handbook by Charlie Miller and Dion Blazakis