About the course
This course will help you to learn about Linux, which is the best-known and most-used open-source operating system. In this course, you will learn to install, configure, and maintain an Enterprise Linux system in a networked environment. Basic administrative tasks are covered such as: creating and managing users, creating and maintaining file systems, determining and implementing security measures, and performing software installation and package management.
The course also helps you to learn all the fundamental aspects of the Linux Operating System, which includes installation steps, using the Command-line interface, administrative privileges, file permissions, scheduling tasks, services in Linux, Meteor.js, setting up the LAMP, phpMyAdmin, WordPress installation, installing Python, and explaining the importance of learning Python. Other topics include detailed network statistics tracking, practical commands in networking, SFTP, host files in Linux, accessing command line on the network host, and learning about programs and a lot more. This is completely an online course, and you can access it from anywhere in the world.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate Linux as an operating system.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of working with Linux.
- Use the Linux command line to complete a series of tasks.
- Compare and contrast Linux differentiation between desktops and servers.
- Demonstrate navigation between directories to access and manipulate files, and basic scripting.
- Create user groups on a Linux system.
- Use a common scripting language in Linux to perform various techniques of cybersecurity network scanning.
- Implement Linux in a virtual environment.
- Boost your hireability through innovative, independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses related to computer science / Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All IT professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or enhance their existing skills.
Why learn Linux?
Linux powers the vast majority of websites online, primarily because it is an extremely secure OS, and its free to use. Most web servers and servers that provide services run Linux. When you learn Linux, you will be able to understand the way in which many of the servers communicate with users. Linux is used in the majority of the world’s speediest supercomputers. From personal desktops and laptops to the Web server, and data centers to almost every type of hardware runs on Linux. Internet architecture is incomplete without talking about Linux. Linux is free, the open-source operating system comes with lots of free software and does not require antivirus.
Almost every hiring manager of a reputed company prefers Linux certified engineers as it has become very difficult for them to find a knowledgeable and experienced candidate for the firm. Therefore, they have started filtering the aspirants, with this as the prior criteria. Furthermore, this translation of the interview calls made to the job seekers clearly illustrates the rising trend of Linux jobs. The encouraging recruiting number has a lot to tell about the openings for Linux jobs in the market. With more than seven in ten managers following the criteria of hiring Linux-savvy employees, it depicts the count, which is so high. To know about the exact count, one can search the large online job websites and get surprised by seeing the enormous count of Linux Jobs.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~7 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.