About the course
This course is designed to provide you an overview of Information Technology tools that are used in day to day computer and database operations. The course covers provide comprehensive knowledge about the hardware and software components of the computer, operating system, various packages used for different applications, database concepts, and various issues related to Information Technology and applications of IT.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science / Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills.
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to enhance their skills.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Acquire the foundation level knowledge required to understand computer and its applications
- Understand about the various hardware and software components of the computer system
- Understand the basic concept of the operating system and know about various types of operating systems available in the market
- Learn how to use the software packages of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations in detail
- Understand various concepts of database and its operations
- Understand what are the different issues related to Information Technology and IT applications
Why learn IT Tools and Business Systems?
Computer skills are a basic requirement for a large number of jobs. Almost any office job you apply for will require you to possess basic typing and data entry skills, as well as a basic understanding of how to use an operating system. Most office work requires job applicants to be familiar with office productivity software as well, such as word processors and spreadsheet programs. Nearly 80% of middle-skill jobs require digital literacy, according to a Capital One report. Spreadsheet and word processing proficiencies are a baseline requirement, with 78% of jobs requiring these skills. In addition, information technology has become the heart and soul of almost every industry due to the fact that it fosters innovation in business. Innovation results in smarter apps, improved data storage, faster processing, and wider information distribution. Innovation makes businesses run more efficiently. And innovation increases value, enhances quality, and boosts productivity. Therefore knowing about IT tools is very important and crucial considering the present rapidly growing IT market.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~8 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Hands-on practice: Includes source code files for hands-on practice.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple-choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.