About the course
This course aimed at providing practical knowledge in the classroom to enhance the teaching of technical concepts. Engineering education involves a fine balance between teaching theory and imparting practical problem-solving skills. Educators are also challenged to provide real-world examples that enable students to appreciate how the theory being taught in class can be applied in the industry. The use of MATLAB in class and throughout a course exposes students to a tool that is widely used in industry to design and model complex systems. At the same time, large-scale models can be used to illustrate how theoretical concepts relate to the bigger picture and how they can be applied to solve real-world problems. In this course, you will learn about operators, variables & assignment statements, relational expressions, loops, MATLAB program organization, and different debugging techniques.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing professional graduate/post-graduate courses related to computer science and engineering or data science.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science and engineering teachers/faculties.
Professionals: All working professionals from the computer science / IT / Data Science domain.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: Online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Why learn MATLAB?
MATLAB is not just a programming language. It is also an interactive environment for doing visualization, data analysis, simulation, and modeling. MATLAB is much more widely used than most people realize. It is primarily associated with its use in the fields of mathematics and engineering but it can also be used in other areas like pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, retail, finance, industrial automation, aerospace, and data science.
The advantage of MATLAB is that it can be easily learned. All the users of MATLAB may not be programmers but they can create algorithms that can help them to make their work easy.
The job market for MATLAB programming is somewhat different from the job market for other languages because MATLAB is a somewhat different kind of thing from those other languages. So it is worth having a go at it.
Test & Evaluation
Each lecture will have a quiz containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Apart from that, there will be a final test based on multiple-choice questions.
Your evaluation will include the overall scores achieved in each lecture quiz and the final test.
Topics to be covered
- Variables And Assignment Statements
This is only a demo course. The full course can be bought here
- Constants And Random numbers
- Characters Matrices Vectors
- Matlab Programs And Scripts
- Files And Functions
- Relational Expressions And If Statement
- If Else Elseif Switch Menu Function Is Functions
- Intro Of Loops And For Loop
- For Loop Continued
- While Loop
- More User Defined Functions
- Matlab Program Organization 01
- Matlab Program Organization 02
- Application Modular Driven Program
- Variable Scope Debugging Techniques
- String Manipulation
- Data Structures Cell Arrays
- Structures Part 01