About the course
In this course, you will learn all the essential Joomla concepts, so that you can get your first website built in record time. This course takes a step-by-step approach to building Joomla website, which includes downloading and installing XAMPP Server in Windows 10, downloading and installing Joomla 3.8 in XAMPP Server, installing a Joomla 3 template and setting it as default, replacing the logo that comes with the template, creating articles and menus for the web pages, installing and configuring the slideshow module, working on homepage layout [Module Positions], installing and configuring gallery module, working on the blog page and finally saving the Joomla site and database ready to be uploaded to a live server.
- After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Build and maintain websites using Joomla.
- Understand the difference between the frontend and backend (Administrator) of Joomla.
- Understand why Joomla is a great platform to build websites.
- Boost your hireability through innovative and independent learning.
- Get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
The course can be taken by:
Students: All students who are pursuing any technical/professional courses related to computer science / Information Technology.
Teachers/Faculties: All computer science teachers/faculties who wish to acquire new skills.
Professionals: All working professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or improve their efficiency in the use of Joomla.
Why learn Joomla?
Joomla is a hugely popular way to build websites. It is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to easily build many types of websites. Joomla is used by individuals, businesses, and organizations such as General Electric, eBay, and the Eiffel Tower. With over 10,000 add-ons available, and even more designs, Joomla can do anything you need. It was built from the ground up as a content management system, and content management is what it does the best. Joomla can be installed in many different languages, or with multiple languages, and it offers basic multilingual features right out of the box. With an estimated 10 to 50 million public websites running under Joomla, and with 750,000 downloads per month it is an important open source project.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Online lectures: ~2 hours of online lectures with high-quality videos.
- Updated Quality content: Content is the latest and gets updated regularly to meet the current industry demands.
Test & Evaluation
There will be a final test containing a set of multiple-choice questions. Your evaluation will include the scores achieved in the final test.